“If writing seems hard, it’s because it is hard. It’s one of the hardest things people do.” – William Zinsser
I’m relieved that writing isn’t everybody’s forté, otherwise I’d be out of a job. Thankfully for us both, I am here to help you communicate your message. It’s great that you’re exploring the idea of hiring a professional to write for you. You will thank yourself later for allowing someone to help you get it right the first time. A good writer will work with you to develop your ideas and put the words you were searching for onto paper. If you’re asking yourself what you’re doing here, take a moment to read “Why you should hire a professional writer.”
As a trained Public Relations professional, I am equipped to write nearly anything asked of me. My specialties include (but are not limited to):
- Publications (quarterly reports, newsletters, e-zines, brochures)
- Creative web content
- News writing for the web
- Editing and proofreading (on call!)
- Technical writing (plain language writing, instructions, menus)
- Radio ads & Public Service Announcements
- Letters (cover, resignation, intent, announcements)
- Press releases
- Media kits (feature articles, fact sheets, backgrounders)
If you are interested in more strategic consultation, I also offer:
- Communication plans (I’ll develop and deliver strategic plans that include objectives, strategies and tactics to meet your specific organizational goals)
- Social Media consultancy (I’ll help you form a strategy, set up your accounts, provide you with client tutorials, monitoring, daily engagement and analysis)
Some writers use standardized pricing, or base it on the total number of pages or words produced. I, however, believe there are a number of things to take into account before slapping a price next to my services.
When quoting a client, I base the quote on the amount of time I think the project will take for me to complete (time is money, right?). I also take loyalty and frequency into account when producing a quotation. The more work a client hires me for, the more flexible I can be with pricing. I also understand that not all businesses have a juicy communications budget. I will always work directly with the client to work out how we they can get the most bang for their buck. Successful referrals are another way to enjoy some savings on the next project we do together!
All this being said, the best way to get a price is for you to tell me about your project, your needs and your budget.